Monday 7 March 2011

The Mining Operation

First post in a while; I suppose that's the irony of someone with ME trying to run a blog - being too ill/tired/in pain to write anything in it. My head's currently hurting from an episode this morning, but I've retained enough energy for a post.

I've been struck down with a cold for the last two weeks or so - and there's no such thing as 'just a cold' with ME. You have all the symptoms alongside the ones you suffer everyday, and the latter exacerbated. This morning I was rather rudely awoke by a coughing fit which lasted 10 minutes or so, and set my head off in flames. Worst pain I've encountered in a while, and that's saying a hell of a lot considerig the continuous mining operation that seems to be going on in my skull. It encompassed my whole head, setting it alight. Not nice I can tell you. I've used 4head, and became so desperate I resorted to the Ibuprofen, but even they didn't work! It's lessened slightly but is still there, throbbing away.

Going to end this little pontification on pain on a positive note (ooh all that alliteration). I've been doing the '30 Day Song Challenge' on Facebook, and was stuck on the "Song that reminds you of an event" one. The only event I could think of was a future one (well, I hope it will be), when, after years of struggling with ME, I'll be able to stand up and run, just run, and run until "my feet no longer run no more". I can't help but think of that when I listen to this song, and while in many ways it's hard because this event seems so far off, the overall feeling it leaves me with is one of positivity, and everyone needs some of that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment